With names such as Nurit Hen, Cymbeline and Raimon Bundo in the mix, the Mirror Mirror spring sample sale is your opportunity to secure a dream dress at a dream price
Mirror Mirror is hosting a spring sample sale on Sunday 8th May at its Penton Street, London boutique – making this a brilliant opportunity to pick up a bargain from its choice designers.
With international names such as Nurit Hen, La Sposa, Raimon Bundo, Gemy Maalouf, YolanCris, Cymbeline, La Sposa and Pronovias in the mix – alongside Mirror Mirror Couture – there promises to be plenty of choice, whether your style is vintage, boho or just plain glamorous.
There is no appointment necessary for this sale event, which runs from 11am-4pm. And with discounts of up to 70 per cent on sample gowns and prices starting at £750, it will be a popular date for brides to be who love luxe for less. The team at Mirror Mirror tell us there will be figure-enhancing fishtail shapes, timeless tulle and beading and fashion-forward lace in the mix.
What to expect at the sample sale
- As with all sample sales, there is a limited range of sizes (typically size 12 with some size 14 and smaller sizes in the mix). Usually there is only one dress of each style.
- Miror Mirror offers a full alteration and cleaning service where required, or can recommend external specialists.
- You will only be able to try on dresses in the sample sale. If you wish to try on another dress not in the sale you will need to book an appointment in the usual way.
As with all sample sales, the competition for the best bargains means you can’t expect a typical boutique service on this day as staff are likely to be very busy. The event is designed for brides who have a good idea of what they want already, but is not recommended if this is your first time trying on a wedding dress (book an appointment instead so you can enjoy the full boutique experience). If the sale features a designer you know you love or a particular style of dress you have your eye on, then this is a must visit. It’s also a good choice if you are planning a wedding at short notice or simply love to pick up all your designer treasure at sale time. Good luck.
Bridal survival guide at sample sales
- Do your homework and check out the designers who will be featured in advance – it’s especially useful to identify names of dresses you like so you can then search through the rails in store.
- Keep an open mind and be prepared to try on the wild card – good advice at any time, but sample sales offer unmissable bargains from designer collections.
- Travel light – no more than two adult guests will normally be welcome. Children and wedding dresses do not mix at the best of times, but especially not at sample sales.
- If you don’t have a trusted opinion with you, phone a friend. It helps to have them primed and ready to give their verdict on pictures of you in the dress.
- Be decisive – the nature of sample sales means you have to be prepared to make up your mind before the dress is snapped up by someone else.
- Go prepared in discreet white or nude underwear so that you get an accurate view of how the dress works with your figure.
Mirror Mirror sample sale is on Sunday 8th May 11am-4pm at 56 Penton Street, London N1 9QA. For more information, contact 020 7713 9022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.