Situated in the heart of the Norfolk countryside, the five-star venue Hales Hall & The Great Barn is a magnificent medieval estate restored to modern-day luxury. Set amid exquisite formal gardens and wild meadows it is the perfect venue for a magical wedding, private party or special event.
The stunning estate includes Hales Hall, The Cottage, The Gatehouse, The Garden Rooms and The Great Barn. It was built in 1478 for Sir James Hobart, Attorney General to King Henry VII. You can enjoy a self-catering break where you are in control of everything or opt for a fully-catered experience with our wonderful staff tending to all your needs.
Steeped in history and wrapped in romance, the elegant Gatehouse at Hales Hall is the perfect hideaway for two. The bedroom boasts an antique four-poster bed and roll-top bath under a glinting chandelier. There is a charming sitting room with large open fireplace and the spacious kitchen with a range cooker that opens out onto a beautiful garden hemmed by the moat and looking down the long yew avenue.
If you fancy adventure, Historic Norwich is just 12 miles away and the Norfolk Broads National Park is on the doorstep. Or simply enjoy cosy nights inside together and romantic days relaxing in the private gardens and wondering along the woodland walks. Either way you will fall in love!
A 3-night self-catering stay at Hales Hall Gatehouse with exclusive use of the grounds and a welcome pack!
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below!
Ts & Cs
- The competition closes on Sunday the 8th of March at 23:59pm. Entries after this will not be counted.
- The stay can be during a weekend between Jan & March 2021 or mid-week in 2020. Dates must be agreed by Jan 2021
- The stay is in The Gatehouse only and does not include access to The Hall, The Cottage and The Great Barn
- Winner will be notified via email and has 2 days to reply to the offer.
- We reserve the right to choose another winner if the first winner does not reply.